Brown Distributing Company is a leading beverage distributor throughout the states of Virginia and Florida. Since 1919, Brown Distributing has grown into a beverage distribution business with combined sales of over 11 million cases annually and serving in excess of 8,000 retailers with over 500 employees.
Brown Distributing offers their employees competitive compensation, complete benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, company paid short term disability, long term disability, and 401K employer match.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team in West Palm Beach, FL. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player with the ability to multitask and perform a cross-functional role in supporting the Accounting team.An ideal candidate will have a business related degree, ideally in finance or accounting. The position will focus on reconciliation of asset/liability accounts, fixed assets, tax reporting, accounts receivable collection, and act as a backup for route reconciliation.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, hands on accountant with experience in the following areas:
• Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
• Ability to meet stated deadlines with the ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and assure compliance with company and other applicable policies and procedures
• Ability to grasp new systems software/database programs quickly
• Multi company ERP system experience preferred (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills and very strong analytical and problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience:
• BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
• Minimum 2-4 years corporate accounting and/or financial reporting experience
• Solid understanding of US GAAP
• Experience in researching and applying technical accounting pronouncements
All final applicants will be required to comply and pass all drug, background, and driving checks.
Brown Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.