Brown Distributing Company is a leading beverage distributor throughout the states of Virginia and Florida. Since 1919, Brown Distributing has grown into a beverage distribution business with combined sales of over 11 million cases annually with over 500 employees. Brown Distributing offers their employees competitive compensation, complete benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, company paid short term disability, long term disability and a 401K employer match.
We are currently seeking a career-minded Lead Specialty Beer Merchandiser to support our Sales team in the Miami territory of South Florida! This position is ultimately responsible for the service, maintenance and safety performance of Front Line Merchandisers in craft and specialty and high volume independent accounts.
Full-time flexible schedule. 45-50 hours per week. Flexibility in schedule required
Day starts by 7:00am, and goes until route is completed
Will commensurate with experience.
Vehicle Allowance and Cell Phone Allowance.
• Provide training and skill development; perform ride-withs with the merchandising team
• Supervises, evaluates, schedules and trains merchandisers; participates in the hiring and disciplinary action when appropriate.
• Schedules meeting as needed with merchandising team to communicate information regarding new products, promotions and display activity in accounts.
• Ensure that merchandiser have completely replenished the inventory levels of Brown Distributing products located in the customer's Cold Beverage Department, store displays and backrooms.
• Ensure that merchandisers are maintaining the strategic placement of brand generic and/or promotion paper advertising material as supplied by Brown Distributing.
• Ensure that merchandisers are properly rotating of BDC products located in customers cold box, displays and backroom.
• All other Sales Promotion activities are being completed and maintained by merchandisers as needed.
• Ensure merchandising standards set by Brown Distributing Company is maintained by merchandisers.
• Ensure that equipment used by merchandisers is properly maintained.
• Assisting sales department with sales promotion activities
• Other duties as assigned by craft and specialty district and division managers.
• Candidate would need to have a thorough understanding of the merchandising, sales and delivery departments and their interactions with each other and have prior managerial experience.
• Must have own transportation to drive from store to store
• Valid Florida driver’s license is required with no negative points, no DUI convictions within past 10 years or pending DUI convictions
• Must be able to communicate comfortably with all customers
• Ability to lift 25 lbs or more repetitively
All final applicants will be required to comply and pass all drug, background and driving checks.
Brown Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.